Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dollywood!

By the Fountain...


At the Entrance...



Today I went with Mark and his kids to Dollywood, and I realized why I haven't been in so many years. I don't like amusement park rides. I have trouble with motion sickness, and getting into a contraption that spins me around and makes me dizzy on purpose is just plain silly. Anyhow, I had a pretty good time just watching. I did ride a log flume type thing that got me wet, and tried a different type of attraction where I was harnessed into rock climbing gear, and got to climb ropes and stuff. I liked that one! We stayed about 5 hours and the kids rode all kinds of things. Just as I got in line to ride the ferris wheel, they closed the ride. There were thunder storms in the area, and the rides were shutting down, so we decided to head home. We got caught in a pretty vicious storm, but we sat it out in the car and were able to get home safe and sound. Maybe someday I'll get to go back again. Then I'll ride the ferris wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment